At RVU, we have the best of both worlds: the excitement of a start-up and the strength of well-established, trusted household names.
- uSwitch is the UK’s top comparison website for home services switching helping consumers save money on their gas, electricity, broadband, TV and phone.
- Money is one of the UK’s leading comparison websites for financial services. Consumers can compare loans, credit cards, bank accounts and insurance from more than 600 providers.
- Bankrate is changing the mortgage market. We create innovative and personalised products that help you make smarter decisions. We want to empower you to find a house and get a mortgage without talking to an agent or broker.
Together, we are RVU. Together, we have the power to reach consumers across the UK, and the technology to give them a world class online experience.
We believe in being great people to work with: we are very passionate about our own work, but we think that it’s important to make time to help others with their work - so that the entire team gets better every day. We are entrepreneurial - we believe in challenging the status quo and solving problems our users will face tomorrow. Perhaps most of all, we are inclusive: no matter who we are, where we come from, or which project we work on, we are one team with one dream: improving the lives of our users through awesome experiences.
As a Product Designer, your role is to brilliantly meet our users’ needs by making sure that they have the best experience across our products. You will work closely with our user researchers, visual designers, and the wider design and product teams to help craft end-to-end journeys that help consumers achieve their goal - from finding the right credit card for their financial situation, to switching energy providers, to finding a mortgage and buying their first home.
- Working through design problems from start to finish, translating insights from research and analytics into ideas that become new products and features, as well as designing detailed user journeys and interactions needed to make them viable
- Collaborating with other designers and the wider design team to elevate our quality of excellence and continuously improve our design processes, principles, and tools in our box
- Working closely with the engineers to iterate and build at a high quality
- Working closely with the product owners to understand and create future roadmaps
- Validate and test your ideas through sketching and creating prototypes, as well as creating high quality mockups
The things we look for in you:
- You have an inquisitive mind that thrives on solving problems and challenges, and seeks to simplify desirable outcomes into usable products.
- You have a proven track record of working across products, systems, websites or apps and can demonstrate this in your portfolio.
- You are as comfortable creating low-fidelity wireframes as you are spec'ing polished designs in Sketch.
- You can give thoughtful feedback in design reviews to the designers and wider design team.
- Passionate about contributing to a growing design community internally and externally.
- Experience in A/B testing and using data to validate and refine a design solution
- Experience with working in lean product teams
- A collaborative working style, strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work well in small group settings as well as independently.
- You can work effectively and react quickly to change
- You can communicate your ideas, effectively explaining your rationale and thinking to the wider business
What we’ll give back to you:
We want to give you a great work environment; contribute back to both your personal and professional development; and give you great benefits to make your time at uSwitch even more enjoyable. Some of these benefits include:
- A competitive salary and bonus package
- A healthy learning and training budget, as well as the chance to go to conferences around the world every year
- The latest equipment - be it a Linux or Apple or Windows machine
- Free breakfast, healthy snacks, coffee and soft drinks
- Paid parental leave for those key moments in your life
- We have lots of other great benefits within the business, these are just a few of them
- Health insurance
- Moving day off, birthday day off, charitable day off
- In office gym and pilates + yoga classes
- Flexi holiday policy
- Bike to work scheme
- Season ticket loans for those long commutes
- Employer matching pension up to 7.5%
- 1 month full paid paternity leave to spend more time with the kids
- Attractive maternity leave policy
- We also want to help you with your life events, so offer interest free loans for special moments in your life like moving home, buying your first home and your wedding