PR Manager - Financial Services
At RVU, we have the best of both worlds: the excitement of a start-up and the strength of well-established, trusted household names.
- uSwitch is the UK’s top comparison website for home services switching helping consumers save money on their gas, electricity, broadband, TV and phone.
- Money is one of the UK’s leading comparison websites for financial services. Consumers can compare loans, credit cards, bank accounts and insurance from more than 600 providers.
- Bankrate is changing the mortgage market. We create innovative and personalised products that help you make smarter decisions. We want to empower you to find a house and get a mortgage without talking to an agent or broker.
Together, we are RVU. Together, we have the power to reach consumers across the UK, and the technology to give them a world class online experience.
We believe in being great people to work with: we are very passionate about our own work, but we think that it’s important to make time to help others with their work - so that the entire team gets better every day. We are entrepreneurial - we believe in challenging the status quo and solving problems our users will face tomorrow. Perhaps most of all, we are inclusive: no matter who we are, where we come from, or which project we work on, we are one team with one dream: improving the lives of our users through awesome experiences.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an award-winning PR team which achieves high levels of coverage and punches above its weight in terms of influencing policy and decision markers. This high-profile role provides the candidate with the opportunity to influence the personal finance industry and encourage consumers to take better control of their finances.
Taking on overall PR responsibility for the Financial Services division of ZPG Comparison, you will be planning and delivering the PR launch of a new website, providing consumers with the expert advice and tools they need to make vital financial decisions. You ensure that our other financial services brands including uSwitch.com and money.co.uk continue to be recognised and trusted household names by distributing regular commentary and responding to media enquiries. You will also provide vital SEO support by ensuring that our brands are linked to from authoritative news sites.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in personal finance PR with particular focus on mortgages
- Digital PR expertise with evidence of delivering results that have benefited SEO
- Strong experience of effective media relations – you will have a black book of relevant consumer and personal finance contacts
- Excellent networking with other PR teams and industry bodies, being able to influence other parties to support your vision in support of regulatory goals
- Ability to spot a good story and turn an opportunity into press coverage
- Excellent writing skills – able to articulate messages clearly and create fast, engaging sound bites
- Passionate about consumers and the issues they face when dealing with their finances.
What we’ll give back to you:
We want to give you a great work environment; contribute back to both your personal and professional development; and give you great benefits to make your time at uSwitch even more enjoyable. Some of these benefits include:
- A competitive salary and bonus package
- A healthy learning and training budget, as well as the chance to go to conferences around the world every year
- The latest equipment - be it a Linux or Apple or Windows machine
- Free breakfast, healthy snacks, coffee and soft drinks
- Paid parental leave for those key moments in your life
- We have lots of other great benefits within the business, these are just a few of them
- Health insurance
- Moving day off, birthday day off, charitable day off
- In office gym and pilates + yoga classes
- Flexi holiday policy
- Bike to work scheme
- Season ticket loans for those long commutes
- Employer matching pension up to 7.5%
- 1 month full paid paternity leave to spend more time with the kids
- Attractive maternity leave policy
- We also want to help you with your life events, so offer interest free loans for special moments in your life like moving home, buying your first home and your wedding