We strive to simplify some of the most complex and daunting consumer marketplaces, to genuinely improve the lives of our users. Across our platforms - uSwitch, Money, and Bankrate - we give millions of people the tools, data, and insight to save thousands of pounds per year by taking control of their utility bills and finance products. And now we’re looking to help consumers with one of the most stressful things they are ever likely to do: getting a mortgage and buying a house.
We believe in being great people to work with: we are very passionate about our own work, but we think that it’s important to make time to help others with their work - so that the entire team gets better every day. We are entrepreneurial - we believe in challenging the status quo and solving problems our users will face tomorrow. Perhaps most of all, we are inclusive: no matter who we are, where we come from, or which project we work on, we are one team with one dream: improving the lives of our users through awesome experiences.The role:
As a Product Designer, your role is to brilliantly meet our users’ needs by making sure that they have the best experience across our products. You will work closely with our user researchers, visual designers, and the wider design and product teams to help craft end-to-end journeys that help consumers achieve their goal - from finding the right credit card for their financial situation, to switching energy providers, to finding a mortgage and buying their first home.
- Working through design problems from start to finish, translating insights from research and analytics into ideas that become new products and features, as well as designing detailed user journeys and interactions needed to make them viable
- Collaborating with other designers and the wider design team to elevate our quality of excellence and continuously improve our design processes, principles, and tools in our box
- Working closely with the engineers to iterate and build at a high quality
- Working closely with the product owners to understand and create future roadmaps
- Validate and test your ideas through sketching and creating prototypes, as well as creating high quality mockups
The things we look for in you:
- You have an inquisitive mind that thrives on solving problems and challenges, and seeks to simplify desirable outcomes into usable products.
- You have a proven track record of working across products, systems, websites or apps and can demonstrate this in your portfolio.
- You are as comfortable creating low-fidelity wireframes as you are spec'ing polished designs in Sketch.
- You can give thoughtful feedback in design reviews to the designers and wider design team.
- Passionate about contributing to a growing design community internally and externally.
- Experience in A/B testing and using data to validate and refine a design solution
- Experience with working in lean product teams
- A collaborative working style, strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work well in small group settings as well as independently.
- You can work effectively and react quickly to change
- You can communicate your ideas, effectively explaining your rationale and thinking to the wider business
What we’ll give back to you:
We want to give you a great work environment; contribute back to both your personal and professional development; and give you great benefits to make your time here is even more enjoyable. Some of these benefits include:
- A competitive salary and bonus package
- A healthy learning and training budget, as well as the chance to go to conferences around the world every year
- Choice of a 13 or 15” MacBook Pro
- Free breakfast, healthy snacks and soft drinks plus free coffee from an on-site barista
- Amazing family and parent friendly benefits
- We have lots of other great benefits within the business, these are just a few of them
- Health insurance
- Moving day off, birthday day off, charitable day off
- In office gym and pilates + yoga classes
- Flexi holiday policy
- Bike to work scheme
- Season ticket loans for those long commutes
- Employer matching pension up to 7.5%
- 1 month full paid paternity leave to spend more time with the kids
- We also want to help you with your life events, so offer interest free loans for special moments in your life like moving home, buying your first home and your wedding